Our '65 Chevelle drove in on a low-performance 350 cubic inch Chevy replacement engine that was reported to have less than 10,000 miles on it. Initially, we contemplated doing a late-model EFI swap on this car, but then we thought we'd take a look at what we had and see what kind of shape it was in. Turns out that the 350 is a parts-store type replacement engine with 4-bolt mains and a very clean bottom end. The cast iron heads and cam were not very exciting, so we used the Dynomation engine simulation software to whip up a new recipe. In this installment, we clean up the engine, repaint the short block, and install a new COMP Cams Xtreme Energy cam, lifters, timing set, new Holley performance aluminum cylinder heads, a Weiand Action Plus intake manifold, an MSD Pro-Billet distributor, some Flowtech headers, and a Holley 670 Street Avenger camshaft. Some of the parts we already had like the MSD unit, the intake, and the carb, but the cam and heads are new. Here's how it went.